JAGUAR LAND ROVER OTTAWA EXPORT POLICY
Why Jaguar Land Rover Ottawa has this Policy:
JAGUAR LAND ROVER CANADA (JLRC)
EXPORT AND BROKER POLICY
The brokering and exporting of Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles are issues that Jaguar Land Rover Canada (“JLRC”) takes seriously. As Jaguar and Land Rover retailers, you have made a major investment in your franchise by investing in facilities, equipment, inventory, and people.
Individuals who export or broker Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles do not have a vested interest in the brands while improperly diverting sales from authorized retailers, and more importantly, our Canadian customer. The exporting of vehicles outside Canada negatively impacts Canadian retailers by, among other things, removing vehicles from the parts and service business, resulting in lost revenue in anticipated part sales and warranty work. Furthermore, the movement of vehicles from Canada to foreign markets may also impact the future product allocation and vehicle pricing for Canadian retailers.
Retailers who sell vehicles to exporters — by which we mean anyone who purchases a vehicle that is subsequently exported from Canada — undermine company systems established to ensure, among other things, that the end user is on record for warranty and safety recall purposes and that customer satisfaction information and demographic data are collected.
WHAT IS THE JLR OTTAWA EXPORT POLICY?:
- This policy covers all New and Pre-Owned product Jaguar/Land Rover product in service for 12 months or less.
- JLR Ottawa will sell to clients within our market area as defined by JLRC
- JLR Ottawa will verify all involved parties name and address through JLRC export list, PERT, 3rd party ‘known export lists’, and general internet search
- JLR Ottawa will require a signed credit application containing Social Insurance Number, date of birth, residence, and yearly income on buyer
- JLR Ottawa may run a credit report on buyer at its discretion
- JLR Ottawa will exercise the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada ‘Red Flag’ procedures for identity verification and identity theft protection
- JLR Ottawa may request proof of funds or income prior to sale
- JLR Ottawa will require clients to sign ‘Agreement Not to Export’ acknowledgment as condition of purchase
- JLR Ottawa will protect all consumer information and privacy
- JLR Ottawa does reserve the right to not enter in to a transaction with any person it suspects may be involved in exporting said vehicle
If you have any questions regarding this policy or the above procedures that cannot be
answered by your Sales Guide or Sales Management please contact our management team.